Children’s Ministry Job Description
St. James Anglican Church is looking for two gifted teachers to lead our Children’s Ministry.
We need to strengthen this part of our church life and would like our teachers to also feel that they are a part of our community.
We see the purpose of children’s ministry as:
- Supporting the families of St. James by providing Christian education
- Providing outreach in our surrounding community for other families
Our outline of the role includes:
- Plan and implement a flexible curriculum for a variety of ages.
- Set up Sunday school room in preparation for kids to arrive
- Come into the church for the beginning of the service.
- At the designated time in the service take kids to Sunday school
Vacation Bible School:
- Organize one week of vacation bible school
Outreach to community:
- Brainstorm possible ways to engage with the families in our neighborhood, present ideas, and implement some ministry that St. James can offer to our community.
- Find ways to support parents in continuing the ministry of Christian education at home between Sundays.
- Help plan the afternoon Family Christmas Eve service.
Teachers need to be Christian, gifted and qualified to work with kids, subject to usual background checks and training.
Position is 10 hours a week (including outreach project) @ $15/hour.